- Zelleta® is an oestrogen free, progestogen only pill (POP) containing 75mcg desogestrel1
- Each pack of Zelleta® contains 3 x 28 blister strips of tablets for 3 cycles of contraceptive cover2
- Zelleta® offers women an acceptable alternative to combined oral contraceptives (COCs)3
- Zelleta® provides reliable contraception with a 12-hour ‘missed pill’ window, but longer than traditional (non-desogestrel) POPs1,3
Please refer to the full Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) before prescribing.
Patient Information Leaflet:
- Morningside Healthcare Ltd. Zelleta 75 microgram Tablets. Patient Information Leaflet. April 2020. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9572.pdf (accessed July 2020);
- MIMS. Zelleta. Available at: https://www.mims.co.uk/drugs/contraception/progestogen-only-contraceptives/zelleta (accessed June 2020);
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Contraception – progestogen-only methods. November 2019. Available at: https://cks.nice.org.uk/contraception-progestogen-only-methods (accessed July 2020).